Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Called to order: Brittany Maxfield
Meeting commenced at: 9:36 a.m.
Pledge/Thought: “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscle; but today it means getting along with people.” Mohandas K Ghandi
Attendance: Stephanie, Brittany, Beth, Emily, Denise, Becky, Jill, Mr. Cherry, Mr. Glenn, Noel, Tressa, Shannon
1. Approval of minutes: Stephanie approved, Emily 2nd
2. Treasurer's report – Stephanie - Started with $14,134.28… ended $13,479.99
· got $558 in PTA donations
· paid $180 Insurance
· spent $900 Hospitality
3. PTSA report – Mrs. Stirland was excused since her baby was sick..
· They announced 5 new students for the PTSA.
4. Principal's Report – Mr. Glenn
· Vision screening needs 10 volunteers from 8:15 – 9:15
· PTC dinners were good
· Community Council Meeting - $15,000 to school for more after school programs such as: chess club, volleyball, basketball, greenhouse, Art
· The school got it’s official grade from the district…. It is a “B”
5. Presidents Report
· Book Fair/PTC – Tressa reported that we earned $3,000. Half of it will go to scholastic dollars. It is the most we have made in the past 2 ½ years. We had better books! At the spring book fair we will have Utah Authors and Award winners. Spring P/T Conference will be Feb 15 & 16
· Change in meeting time – Due to Mr. Glenn having a meeting the first Thursday of the month, we will move the meeting to 9:00 am so he can be with us for the first hour.
· Membership – Discussed how to hand out membership cards. Decided to send an email to all members advising them that if they want their card to come to the school and get it.
· Eagle of the quarter – Nov 1, 2, & 3
· Blue Ribbon Week – Nov 7-11
· NetSmart – Nov 9th
· Vision Screening: 10 volunteers 10/13 8:15-11:00
· Memory Book - We discussed a price change but did not come to any conclusions.
· We discussed the drawing for the JetBlue tickets. Once the winner is selected Jill will get the certificates ordered so winner has a year to use them.
6. Reflections – Noel reported that entries are due Oct 19th by 3:00 pm. She has put the posters in the school, emailed, texted and called parents so they would be aware of the due dates. There were approx. 55 packets distributed. There will be a table in the entry to collect the packets on the due date. She is still looking for judges for Visual Arts, Dance, Film, Music and Photography.
7. Red Ribbon Week – Beth reported that it went well and there was good participation from the students.
8. Counseling Center – Mr. Cherry
· Mr Cherry reported that the JATC Tour will be Nov 1st at 9:00 am. They are looking for approximately 20 volunteers to help go on the field trip. Volunteers would need to be here from 8:45 am to 11:45 am
· NetSmart assembly will be Nov 9th during Blue Ribbon Week
· They will begin meeting with 8th grade parents and students
· Reality Town will be Tues, Nov 15th for the 9th graders. They will need approximately 50 volunteers from 8:00 – 12:00
· Interm Evaluation – Needs assessment needs to be done for next year. Each child needs a permission slip
9. Legislative -
10. New Business:
· T-shirts – Becky McKenzie reported a few different option for ordering t-shirts, hoodies and beanies. Sweatshirts were $17.00 and t-shirts $5.00.
· Discussed sending order form home with kids.
· Discussed Flash Store (online) where parents can order for Christmas without the kids knowing and it’s easier for us. We may get a kick back and if so, it could be a community partner donation. – This was the winner.
· Becky will set up the online store.
Next Meeting – Thursday, November 3rd at 9:00 am
Volunteer Hours needed for President’s report… Please email your hours to Jill Smith at email@example.com