OHMS PTSA - Minutes
May 3, 2018
Called to order: Shannon Smith
Meeting commenced at: 12:45 PM
Attendance: Mike Glenn, Brittany Maxfield, Shannon Smith, Emily Stout, Andrea Hogan, Denise Heninger, Beth Kunz, Stephanie Hansen, Steve Cherry.
Excused: Rebecca Van Sky Hawk, Maxine Conrad, and Jill Smith
Minutes Approved from April Meeting; motion by Mike Glenn and Beth Kunz
Luncheon by Café Sublime
PTSA – Ms. Hogan
· Field Day – Coming up on Tuesday, May 29th – PTSA kids are planning it.
· Ideas: 3 Snow cone machines & Popcorn (Beth will get started first thing in the morning)
· Volunteers—Need 12 parents to help.
· Games—by PTSA kids
· Dunk Tank (Fun Services?)
President's Report – Shannon Smith
· Thank You’s all around.
· JetBlue Drawing Winners
· Give 1 set to each of the following: Teachers, Parents, Admin, Teacher Appreciation –
· Adrian Gatherum—Parent
· Robin Klemin— Teacher
· Steve Cherry—Administration
· Laurie Jones—Teacher Appreciation
Treasurer’s Report and Budget - Stephanie Hansen
· Budget for March $26,000—Audits in July
· Need to pay for Memory Books, Field Day and Teacher Appreciation.
· Proposed money in budget for Soar Store ($1000), Study Skills ($100), To-Go Emergency Kits ($500), Counseling Center—Reality Town and Career Day ($100), You-Make-a-Difference-Week ($250) and OHMS Grant ($1500).
Principal’s Report – Mr. Glenn
Schedule for Last Week of School:
· Monday (May 28th) – Labor Day – No School
· Tuesday (May 29th)– Field Day
· Wednesday (May 30th)– Yearbooks / Award Assembly
· Thursday (May 31st) – Lagoon Day
· Friday (June 1st) – Last Day
· Opt-in letter for Language Arts, Science and Math – if you get 3 or 4 on Sage testing you don’t have to take the final. It’s all about **Demonstrating Proficiency
Counseling Center – Mr. Cherry
· AP Geography Testing – May 18th
o 95 are taking the test
o Each student has to be 4 feet apart from another student/testing in annex
o They will have 3 test locations.
· Sage Testing starts May 7th – There will be a 2 week block schedule
o 1st week – Language Arts
o 2nd week – Math / Science
o 93 minute block of time to take test. They will use Fridays as make up days for those that miss a day.
o 3rd week – Counselors will test in the Counseling Center for those that missed or are absent.
Teacher Appreciation May 7-11—Thursday’s Luncheon Texas Roadhouse $4 per person (85 people): pulled pork, 2 rolls, honey butter, and salad (sent chicken breasts for gluten free option).Contact Alisha Oliver 801-699-1473
Other business: We need someone to replace Stephanie Hansen on the Parent Literacy Selection Committee.
Eagle of the Quarter: Emily Stout
· This Quarter it will be May 15th for 9th Graders and May 17th for 7th & 8th graders
· The assembly will be at 9:30 AM and the reception at 10:00 AM
Assignments: Volunteer Spot for Yearbook Distribution and Field Day.
· Auditing Committee needs 3 people to help Audit the books. We will discuss more at our next meeting.
Meeting adjourned: 2:02 PM