OHMS PTA Meeting
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Attendees: Janice Carlsen, Susie Ruggles, Stephanie Hanson, Lauren Woodcock, Patty Hales, Lisa Zupancic, Marvelle Morgan, Amy Skinner, Cherish Curtis, Kellene Adams, Beth Kunz, Carla Hendricks
Thought: “It’s choices not chance that determines your destination.”
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Lisa motioned to approve and Patty seconded.
Budget: Amy motioned to approve and Stephanie seconded
Financial Report: Collected $1,245 in dues and $1320.77 at the book fair. Spent $589.77 on teacher dinners, $75.07 on supplies, and $1,089 on dues remittance. Current balance is $14,575.69. We have not paid for the book fair yet. Amy would like to buy a change tray for counting change at the book fair. It costs about $30 at Staples. The board thought that was a justifiable expense.
· Reflections Report: We have collected everything. There was about 50 entries. They will go to Council tomorrow.
· Eagle of the Quarter: It went well. They had to hold it in the teacher’s lounge so it was a bit crowded but okay.
· Volunteers: 38 out of 50 for “Hello Dolly” and 7 out of 10 for vision screening.
· Bring Your Parent to School Day: November 15th
· PTA council meeting here November 21 at 11:45 in the Media Center. PTSA kids to check people in and direct them to the Media Center.
· White Ribbon Week – March 17-21 (Fight the New Drug) Budget is $1200. Combined budget of white and red ribbon weeks are $2000. Get prices on assemblies and on a parent night and check on availability of doing a parent night. Possibly invite parents from Riverton High and even from feeder elementary schools.
· Cardigans have been chosen and they are $45 each. They are ordered but are on backorder so hopefully by the week of Thanksgiving. The PTSA kids will pay membership fee before picking up the cardigans.
· Rivalry Week is November 18-22. PTSA students are painting faces before school and at lunch.
· Calendar Items:
o Rivalry Week – Nov. 18th
o Vision Screening – Nov. 20th
o NetSmartz Assembly – Nov. 21st
o Student of the Month – Nov. 25th
o Oquirrh Feast Kick Off Assembly – Dec. 1st
Next Meeting: December 5, 2013 @ 11:30