Monday, August 31, 2015
OHMS PTA Meeting - August 27, 2015
Mr. Glenn, Steve Cherry, Lauren Woodcock, Denise Heninger, Beth Kunz, Jill Nebeker,
Marvelle Morgan, Janice Carlsen, Stephanie Hansen, Emily Stout, Amy Powell,
Brittany Maxfield, Amy Jessen, Lisa Lighten, Emily Oldroyd
Conducted By: Denis Heninger
Introductions of board members
Treasurer’s Report: Amy Skinner
Budget reviewed and discussed
Motioned to approve by Jill N. Approval was seconded by Stephanie H.
Suggestion made to coordinate Fight the New Drug with South Hills and Riverton High
for 2016-2017 school year.
The Budget will be posted on the school website for the next thirty days for general
PTSA report: Lauren Woodcock
7th grade elections will occur towards the end of September.
Teachers have been asked to pay their PTSA dues and a reminder will go out in about
Principal’s Report: Mr. Glenn
Approximately 1120 students
90% of the construction in complete. The electrical work should finish up in about a
* Back to School Night-Thursday August 27, 5:30-7:00 PTA volunteers needed to man
* Blue Ribbon Week-September 14-18 A flyer will be distributed to TA teachers to
overview the week.
Monday-kickoff day. Kids will receive tear away wristbands at lunch. Also kids will
begin to search for their name found on a heart hanging in the school which they
can return for a treat.
PTSA kids will cut hearts and write student names. Mr. Cherry will provide the list
Tuesday-Sock it to a bully. Utah Anti bully coalition will do an assembly and the
kids will wear crazy socks
Wednesday-Give bullying the boot. Wear your favorite boots.
Thursday-Proud to be Bully Free-kids wear Blue and Orange
Friday-Team up against bullying-Wear team jersey and turn in wristband for treat.
Wristbands could say “Band together against bullying”
* Reflections-Amy hasn’t been able to contact council so a due date is unknown at this
* PTC-September 30-October 1. Lunches will be served at 3:00pm. Plan on 100
teachers this year
* Book Fair-September 28-October 2. Janice to oversee. Discussed that maybe Jenni
could help to set up on website volunteer slots. Skylert to remind parents to look at
* Red Ribbon Week-October 19-23 We are looking for someone to be in charge of this.
* Harmon’s Day-Denise to contact Harmons
* Mrs. Byerline-is in need of parent volunteers to enter in computer information, due
to health issues. If you are willing to help please contact Beth Kunz.
* JATC Field Trip-is upcoming and volunteers will be needed.
* Reality Town is scheduled for November 18
* Question was presented to determine the interest level of parents participating in
TA intervention once a week. The parents would be used to run activities while
their child’s teacher is teaching intervention. The timing of this would be
approximately 8:30-9:15. Consensus is there would be enough parent help to run
this program if it becomes the determined route.
Meeting Adjourned: 12:20 pm
Next Meeting-Thursday, Sept 24, 11:45 am