Mr. Glenn, Steve Cherry, Lauren Woodcock, Denise Heninger, Janice Carlsen, Emily Stout, Amy Powell, Cherish Curtis, Michelle Hinojosa, Shannon Smith
Conducted By: Denise Heninger
Minutes approved by Lauren and seconded by Shannon
Treasurer’s Report: Amy PowellThe Budget has been posted on the school website for thirty days for general PTA approval and we will move forward with it as is.
No budget concerns at this time.
PTSA report: Lauren WoodcockOnly 6 7th graders have applied for PTSA, decision made to go with all 6 unless more apply.
Beth will get needed Red Ribbon week information to PTSA.
Principal’s Report: Mr. GlennOquirrhfest charity has now been chosen.
Thank you for the meals for PT conf.
Discussion Items:* Blue Ribbon Week-overall feeling is this was done well. Preference is to keep this towards the beginning of the year to help the kids start out right.
* PTC-September 30-October 1. Lunches will be served at 3:00pm. Emily has meals under control.
* Book Fair-September 28-October 2. Bookfair will be included in the announcements and there will be coordination with the lunch hour.
* Red Ribbon Week-October 19-23 Beth will oversee this.
* Harmon’s Day-Amy will go to Harmon’s today to finish the application process
* Mrs. Byerline-6 volunteer names have been given to Mrs. Byerline so she can do the coordinating
* Vision Screening-8-10 volunteers needed on October 13 at 8:15 am. Cherish will coordinate volunteers
* Membership-a table will be set up at PTC to encourage more membership. As well as a TA class competition to get members with the top class receiving a classic skating pass.
Counseling Center:* JATC Field Trip-November 3-4 for 8th graders. Four chaperones per busy for 16 a day. Two shifts 10-11:30 and 9-10:30. Natalie will put a list together of the teachers participating on which days.
* Reality Town is scheduled for November 18. 50 volunteers needed.
* Utah Scholars-Jan 7
* Pam Hayes-from the Utah Anti Bully commission-presented the idea of a parent night, running from 6-8. The focus would be on kindness. There would be music and experts available with information. Activities would be provided for younger children to participate in.
Mr. Glenn will contact the feeder schools to see if there is an interest to be involved. Denise will contact Bonneville Middle for information on how this program went for them.
It was determined this would be a Thursday evening in Oct or early Nov.
Meeting Adjourned: 1:00 pmNext Meeting-Thursday, Oct 22, 11:45 am