OHMS PTA Meeting
Oct 22, 2015
Mr. Glenn, Steve Cherry, Lauren Woodcock, Denise Heninger, Janice Carlsen, Emily Stout, Amy Powell, Cherish Curtis, Brittany Maxfield, Shannon Smith, Amy Jessen, Stephanie Hansen, Beth Kunz, Brian Larson
Conducted By: Denise Heninger
Minutes approved by Steve Cherry and seconded by Mike Glenn
Treasurer’s Report: Amy Powell
Checks will only be cut once a month at the PTA meetings. Please do not turn in mixed receipts as this complicates the reimbursement process.
PTSA report: Lauren Woodcock
Ten 7th graders applied for PTSA, decision made to go with 5 students.
PTSA students have been busy with Red Ribbon posters and helping out.
Principal’s Report: Mr. Glenn
Oquirrh Hills will be spotlighted at the Board Meeting Tuesday evening at 6:30
Red Ribbon week was visible and appreciate given for efforts made.
District calendar for next year is looking at a week spring break, which will no longer be tied to Good Friday. Possible one week fall break?
- Red Ribbon Week-going well. Door judging still to take place. Lauren to email teachers to remind them to have doors available for judging on Friday morning.
- Book Fair-September 28-October 2. Book fair went well, producing the average income
- Harmon’s Day-no luck so far in this endeavor
- Membership-The wording of the membership contest drive was too confusing. Suggestions to also do this earlier in the year next year.
- Memory Book-any pictures which are available please send to Beth. Lauren to set up an email account for students to send their pictures to.
- Council Meeting-will be held at Oquirrh on Dec 10 at 11:45. Council will now provide $100 towards meal.
- Brian Larson-presented safe walking maps and drop off information for review. Any concerns or questions in regards to this will be address by Brian. These maps are updated yearly.
- Bring your parent to school day-it was determined this would be moved from Nov 13 to Nov 20. Skylert will be send to parents to notify them of this change.
- TA Intervention-still needs refining before parents are invited to volunteer
- JATC Field Trip-November 3-4 for 8th graders. Four chaperones per busy for 16 a day. Two shifts 10-11:30 and 9-10:30. Natalie will put a list together of the teachers participating on which days. This information will be online, Cherish to oversee.
- Reality Town is scheduled for November 18. 50 volunteers needed.
- Utah Scholars-Jan 7 Stephanie Hansen and Steve Cherry to oversee the power point presentation to get it under 20 minutes.
Meeting Adjourned: 12:55 pm
Next Meeting-Monday, Nov 23, 11:45 am