Steve Cherry, Denise Heninger, Emily Stout, Amy Powell, Brittany Maxfield, Janice Carlsen, Mike Glenn, Shannon Smith, Beth Kunz, and Lauren Woodcock Excused- Stephanie Hansen, Marvelle Morgan and Tressa Spigarelli
Conducted By: Denise Heninger
Minutes approved by Mike Glenn and seconded by Shannon Smith
Treasurer’s Report: Amy Powell
Doing well. Ordered new checks. Audit to be performed in July. Stephanie Hansen, Marvelle or Brittany to sit in
PTSA report: Lauren Woodcock
Canned Food Drive-donuts will be handed out to winning TAs. Are in the planning stages for Field day with the SBOs. Suggestions-Waffle Love-decided to expensive and recommended Art City Donuts instead. Bounce House-no, Dunk Tank-yes. Lauren will rent three snow cone machines. Lauren to also start collecting outdoor games and activities from faculty and staff.
Principal’s Report: Mr. Glenn
Last week of school rundown.Tuesday-TA first so Memory Books can be distributed after the first five minutes of class. Will maintain a regular shortened schedule so memory books can be signed last 30-45 minutes of school.Wednesday-Awards Assembly and 9th grade dance. Thursday-Lagoon Day for 9th gradersFriday-No seventh graders. ½ day done by 11:45. Back to school lunch in August-Brittany and Emily Oldroyd to take care of
· Memory Book-Distribution day-May 31. Some helpers at 7:00 some at 7:30, should be finished up by 8:30. Will have two helpers per each alphabetical station. Looking for around 25 helpers. Help:Janice, Brittany, Beth, Amy, Shannon, Stephanie, Tressa. Denise to set up Volunteer spot.
· White Ribbon Week-more advertising needed for next year. Consider not doing this in conjunction with other activities, so that PTSA officers aren’t spread too thin. Banners will be hung.
· Teacher Appreciation May 2-6-Raising the Bar theme
Monday-Chips and Salsa Bar
Tuesday-Italian Soda bar
Wednesday-Texas Roadhouse Lunch with Harmon's Pastry dessert bar
Thursday-Ice Cream bar
Friday-Breakfast bar in morning meeting-7:30 Set up at 7:00
· Jordan Education Foundation Inflatable Race-June 4-West Jordan Veterans Memorial Park. $75 for a family. $10 a student-money designated to school of choice. $50 of money as donation if sponsored. 5K distance, with inflatable obstacle course. Skyward message to be sent out.
· South JATC field trip-May 23. New date. 8th grade only. Walking field trip 8:30 and 9:30 start time. Need for 20 volunteers each trip. Back by 11:30. Will walk out through the field or the street by the seminary building than on to Natalie Drive to avoid the congestion of Southland.
Meeting Adjourned: 1:00 pm
Next Meeting-Friday, May 20 at 11:30 am