OHMS PTSA - Minutes
March 1, 2018
Called to order: Shannon Smith
Meeting commenced at: 12:42
Pledge: Shannon Smith
Attendance: Emily Stout, Mike Glenn, Steve Cherry, Maxine Conrad, Stephanie Hansen, Tressa Spigarelli, Beth Kunz, Shannon Smith, Jill Smith, Andrea Hogan
President's Report – Shannon Smith
· Board members next year – Post new board members on the front door window for 30 days. It has been on the website for 30 days now.
· Study skill teachers – Shannon got $25 in swag for them and we wrote a card to each Teacher. Hopkins and Broadhead. Shannon was able to get: t-shirt, socks, soap bombs, megaplex tickets, Red Robin and Sodalicious gift card
· Career Day March 8th – Still need volunteers for this
· Utah Scholars – Need volunteers March 8th 7:50- 10:30 and 12:00 to 2:30
· PTA training March 8th
· Battle of the Bands March 6th – Region Concert at Rivertson @ 6:30 PM $5.00
· How to disburse JetBlue tickets? (8 round trips) – We decided Admin – 1pair of tickets, Teacher Appreciation – 2 pairs of tickets, PTA Parents – 1pair of tickets
Treasurer’s Report and Budget - Stephanie Hansen
· Balance Ending Feb 2018 - $28,039.04
PTA Day at the Capitol - Rebecca, Leg report – Capitol Hill went GREAT!!
· Kids were great!
· Better than last year!
· Highlight was Lt Governor – Spencer Cox
· Discussed having Lt Governor come speak @Hope Week at RHS – What about at OHMS?
PTSA – Ms. Hogan
Principal’s Report – Mr. Glenn
Counseling Center – Mr. Cherry –
· Job Shadow Day - All day Job shadowing for 7th graders
· Career Day – All day Career Day for 8th and 9th graders
· Mr. Chery presented the Career Day Schedule
· Students will stay in their classes
· Teachers and presenters will rotate
· CTE Coordinator at RHS – Gail Whitefield has asked for 2 years for 9th graders to come see what classes the offer at RHS.
White Ribbon Week - March 19 -22
· PTSA Kids have made some posters.
· Instead of “Just say NO” Campaign discussed “Just say Yes to…..” campaign
· Donuts from Pedersons
· White Airheads
· White Flags to sign and put in the front lawn
· White bracelets
Eagle of the Quarter March - 27-29 – Emily has it under control
Spring Recess - April 2-6 other April business?
· Last Quarter Soar Store: Ticket given by Teachers and Students go on Fridays to the Soar Store. Some gifts include socks, hats, pencils, treats
· May Meeting – Farewell Luncheon
· May 22 – Field Day – We have a $700 budget – Some ideas are: Lasso Golf, Human Foosball, 9 Square, Slip & Slide Softball, Snowcones, Fire Department spray hoses, Dunk Tank, Wizards chest, Quiddich, Connect 4 games, Corn Hole game (bean bag toss)
· June 1st – Last day of school
May - Teacher Appreciation 7-11, Eagle of the Quarter 15-17, Field Day 22 – PTSA provides volunteers.