OHMS PTSA Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2018
Called to order: Denise Heninger
Meeting commenced at: 11:50 AM
Pledge/Thought: Denise Heninger
Attendance: Denise Heninger, Rebecca VanSkyHawk, Emily Butler, Steve Cherry, Emily Stout, Andrea Hogan, Tressa Spigarelli, Mike Glenn, and Amy Powell.
Excused: Maxine Conrad—out of town for work; Brittany Maxfield—at work; Jill Smith—family illness.
Treasurer’s Report and Budget: Amy Powell
· Budget—Everything looks good so far, and is under budget
· Balance—October 1, 2018: $16,901.75
· Will write reimbursement checks at meeting
· Reality Town water coming out of which budget?
PTSA: Andrea Hogan
· Oquirrh Fest Volunteers—supervise cash boxes before school and during lunches.
· Oquirrh Fest Activities—Christmas suckers and scrunchies; students making posters.
PTC Dinners: Jill Smith & Brittany Maxfield
Soups and Hawaiian Haystacks in February
Book Fair: Tressa Spigarelli
Made $2900 in sales; received $1400 back in Scholastic dollars which were used by teachers to purchase books for their classrooms.
Eagle of the Quarter: Emily Stout
Went well—dates for January 15-17
Reflections – Denise Heninger
· Breakfast Nov 7th during TA for winners—we had about 20 entries
· Principal’s Award
· Due to Council on November 16th
· Could use more teacher involvement to boost student involvement.
Red Ribbon Week: Beth Kunz and Wendy Osborne January 22-25, 2019
Principal’s Report: Mike Glenn
· School Board will meet on Tuesday to finalize new boundaries.
· Might impact ALPS students
· Oquirrh Fest coming at the end of November/will emphasize serving to raise money
Counseling Center: Steve Cherry
· Standards Based Grading
· Collaboration helps to boost scores
· 8th Grade individual meetings/PCCR’s/4-year plan can now be accessed on Skyward
· Only 86 total F’s in 1st Quarter/down from other years.
President's Report – Denise Heninger
· Nominations for 2019/2020
· Membership Drive/contest give away plane tickets as prizes
Meeting adjourned: 1:03 PM
Next Meeting: Thursday, December 6th at 11:45 AM